Find out what interchange is and the value it delivers
Interchange helps maximize the value delivered to all stakeholders
Merchants benefit from guaranteed payment, increased sales and lower processing costs than those associated with paper payments such as cash and checks. Electronic payments also provide them with the quality to attract and retain customers with a fast and efficient buying experience.
Governments experience significant efficiencies while promoting financial inclusion when they distribute social benefits, collect receivables and enable services via electronic payments.
- Electronic payments help safeguard against waste, fraud and abuse
- Using electronic payments to deliver social benefits is more efficient and secure
- Black and grey economies fueled by untraceable and untaxable cash payments flourish where electronic payments use is low
Convenience and safety, increased opportunity for financial inclusion, access to rewards and incentives and the choice of thousands of innovative credit, debit and prepaid payment products are among the many benefits consumers derive from electronic payments.
- Payments allow consumers to access money whenever and wherever they want
- Interchange makes it possible for issuers to provide consumers with interest-free periods on credit cards
- Electronic payments provide consumers with a more secure and efficient way to pay - whether in-person, online or in-app